The set of forms for the issue of an Italian passport is available at the following link.
Photo for passport and identity card – special characteristics according to ICAO
ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY photographs that comply with ICAO standards can be accepted.
The technical-qualitative characteristics that the photo for the electronic passport and identity card must have:
- It must be recent (no more than 6 months);
- The photo must be in colour;
- The person photographed must have a neutral expression and keep his mouth closed;
- The eyes must be open and clearly visible;
- The photo must have a white background and uniform light;
- He must not have flash reflections on his face, and especially not red eyes;
- The face must cover 70-80% of the photo from the base of the chin to the forehead;
- Focus must be sharp;
- The photo must be taken looking directly at the camera;
- Size: 35x45mm;
- The photo must be printed on high quality, high definition paper;
- The face must be well centered in the camera and therefore not in profile;
- The photo must show the person alone, with no other objects or people in the background.
WARNINGS FOR THOSE WHO TAKE THE PHOTO WITH GLASSES
- The photo must clearly show the eyes and must not have flash reflections on the lenses (tilt the head slightly);
- Eyeglasses must not be sunglasses or with tinted lenses;
- Heavy-rimmed glasses should not be worn, and the frames should not cover any part of the eyes.
Photos taken with a headdress are only accepted if justified by religious reasons; in this case the contours of the face should be clearly seen, from the base of the chin to the forehead along with both sides of the face.